Friday, June 26, 2009

Teal water, random memories, and a side note...

I'm sitting in my sister's old room (my writing room now!) listening to the ocean on my ambiance application on my iPhone. It doesn't begin to do the ocean justice but for an app, it's not too bad!

The sound of the waves reminds me of Florida this past December. I would have given so much to not go on that trip. I suppose it worked out perfectly, but it was very terrifying to consider! I remember sitting on the balcony of our room early that morning watching the sun come up. I was out there writing my heart out, trying not to cry and then I looked up. There was a section of the ocean that was completely teal (my favorite color). It made me smile. For some reason that was enough to get me through the day!

I gained a lot that trip. I got no sleep but a little bit in common with the girls on the drama team (carting blankets down to the beach at 1:30 in the morning just to talk!). I got a rolled ankle but got to get to know a great group of students. I got very sun burnt but I got the closure that I needed. As much I didn't want to go on the trip I needed the trip even more. Sometimes I find the the things I need most in the places I fear most...If that makes sense. I had to overcome a lot of fear to step onto that bus with people who more or less hated me. I was fighting it every step of the way. Somehow, I made it through. After the first day though it was a lot easier. I felt like the ocean was on my side since it wore teal in my honor. It was enough to convince me God was on my side no matter what, that's for sure...

And also, I miss the ocean...just a side note

No comments: