Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm convinced people have a disease. My drama teacher was telling a story of her "first days in theatre" and there was a person there who jumped right in afterwards to tell a story of his own. It amazes me how much we miss because we're so concerned our own lives. If we paid attention to the wisdom in other people's stories, mistakes and lives.

The sky is gorgeous tonight. After I got home from practice I laid out on our patio and just stared into space. It made me wish that I had been camping before...

I was reminded today that I am the last Summers' girl (the last one of the four grand daughters not married). It's weird how things change. How people grow up. How they move off. I remember writing long before anyone fell in love and moved off and I stated how much I didn't want things to change (then again I hate change so...). I shared my fears of the fourth of July never being the same and how much I wouldn't be able to stand that. After my cousin moved off I tasted some of that (and that year the fourth was hard to deal with!), but now that my sister is gone too. It's hard to grow up, but great things are to come. It's scary growing up but, as Dennis Sprouse says, without risk it is impossible to grow.

No comments: