Monday, December 15, 2008

Finals Week

Yes, I should be studying for my Old Testament exam at 7:30, but I just can't focus right now. My thoughts are just whirling around in my head. So, I will let them out. Sound good?

My sister got married on Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding. She was the most beautiful bride. Her, now, husband cried. I watched her walk down the isle with tears in my eyes. They were tears of joy and of sadness. I'm so happy for her, yet, I'm a little sad for me. Walking into my house after break and not seeing her will be hard. I went to borrow a pair of shoes while I was home and I opened her closet to find everything gone. I'm happy, I am, but I'm also sad. I think back to all the things I hated about her when we were growing up. How much I couldn't stand her "perfectness". And everyone would say, "Danielle, she's not perfect..." But she is. She is the most perfect Amanda ever - faults included. I get so frustrated with her, but in the end, I still love her and I always will. I think that's why it's safe to get mad at her. I know that no matter what we'll be friends again before the nights over. She's been a lot of things to me over the years: an annoyance, a role model, a jerk, an encourager, but most of all she's been a hero. I've seen her mess up and say and do things she shouldn't, but I've seen her plead forgiveness. I've seen her become a little distant from God, but I've held her in my arms at 2:30 in the morning praying in tongues as a new passion was birthed inside of her. I've seen her at her best and worst and I love her through both of them. She is the best.

Now that that's outta the way...I leave for home on Wednesday. I can't wait. It's going to come quick, but unfortunately breaks gonna fly by quickly too. I suppose now that I think about how many finals I need to study for I should actually do that.

No comments: