Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas time is here...

Do you ever wish you were a kid again? I never did until this year. I always thought, "No! I don't wish I were a kid again because that means I wouldn't be content with where I am now." Now that I feel that way, I realize that I was wrong. I wish, at times, to be a kid again, and I am still perfectly content with the life I live. There are times when it leads to a little discontentment. Sometimes it makes me sad. But most times it just makes me remember what it was like to be a child.

Memories mean a lot to me. I have a very good memory and I remember like everything in my life - good and bad. I think back to times when I was sad and my mom would rock me in our blue chair 'till I would fall asleep. I think one night after a very hard day at school I actually just said, "All I want is my mommy to rock me in my blue chair and pretend none of this happened!" Of course, that wouldn't have solved anything, but I thought it. I also remember my cousins and sister ganging up on me, and Christmas.Christmas was my favorite. The decorating, the presents, the cartoon movies about Frosty and Santa Clause. And, of course, the Christmas cookies that we'd always make.

I've heard it my whole life, but time does fly, doesn't it? My sister is now married. Both of my cousins are married as well; one is moved off as well. It's so crazy. I suppose it makes me appreciate memories of my childhood more. I know that years from now I will look back and appreciate memories that I'm making now. I will say, "Man, I wish that I were eighteen again!"

I suppose this was supposed to be a merry Christmas message. Or one to simply say, revel in what you've had and you have now. Enjoy family, friends, God, and life. Enjoy Christmas...I will.

No comments: