Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy New Beginning Day!

Well, as I promised, I am ready to write now. Today is December 1 (I know, I know, you learn so much from my posts). That means it is New Beginning Day. No, you won't find that on any calendar, but it's a special day for me. On the first of every month I stop for a moment on my busy day and think about last month. All of the bad, and all of the good. All of things that I regret and things I'm glad I did. Then I take the good, and keep the memories. But with the bad things I find lessons that I need to learn from mistakes and then let them go. And thus, it is a new beginning.

I've got a lot of papers due. My final paper was moved up. I'm stressed. I'm overwhelmed. I'm at peace. I tell you, being here has been the biggest roller-coaster I've ever lived. I read something I wrote a sometime last year and I spoke of wanting adventure. I spoke of longing to be at CBC. O how ironic things are! Now, I am ready to be home. I'm ready to retreat from adventure for awhile. I suppose it's normal. Perhaps it's not, let be honest, not much about me is. But God is faithful. Isn't that the motto of my life? "God is faithful." I sometimes have to repeat it to myself about fifty-seven times a minute, but it never changes. My circumstances change, my stress level increases, my amount of sleep decreases, but my God is always faithful.

I'm going to make time to blow bubbles today. One of my friends here handed me a tube of bubbles today and said, "Let it go for a second and blow bubbles. Shuffle your feet in the snow and just smile for a little bit." So that's what I'm going to do (except shuffle my feet in the snow - the sun has mostly melted it all now). I have to write a speech and make a Wal-Mart run and then I will pause, blow bubbles and smile. Doesn't that sound nice? It sure does for me.

Thought of the day? Simply what my mother texted me (paraphrased, sorry Mom): God has not sent you here to fail, but to succeed, and He will be your success and your strength. Life is hard. Circumstances are awful and overwhelming. Yet, God has placed you where you are for a reason. It may be hard, but He hasn't sent you there to fail. Rely on Him for your strength and you will succeed. Also...go blow some bubbles, shuffle your feet in the snow (if it exists for you) and smile.

1 comment:

Jaclyn ♥ said...

i'm going to start doing that on the 1st of the month too. i really like that idea.

you are missed back home.
i love you.