Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I voted.

I was so excited when I woke up this morning. I got to vote. How amazing is that? I am able to vote. A woman. That was fought for. Long and hard. I voted. I'm proud to say my state went in favor of McCain.

O I know, I just mentioned a name! *GASP* It has nothing to do with color, it has nothing to do with parties, it has nothing to do with appearance or age. It has to do with facts. I could not vote for someone who is okay with killing children. I couldn't vote for someone who is against Israel. I hate the fact that many in Hollywood would not vote for Obama because he was against Israel, but the church couldn't step up and do it. I hate the fact that my fellow countrymen care more about how much money is in their pocket than they do about whether or not we kill innocent babies.

But my God is faithful. He is all-knowing. Within moments of the decision every one's status on facebook showed who they stood for. I do not fear these next four years. I will cling to God even more. I know that God has promised a revival like none before. I know that I will see it.

Whatever has actually happened today will be history. I may never be able to tell my children about this time, because, well, lets face it, I don't know how much longer there is the world. None of us know the future. None of us can pretend to. I don't know what will happen, but I know that my God is a sovereign, faithful, protecting God. I know that I am a child of the true King - President, if you will - and my future is secure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

right on sista... hummm daughta