Sunday, October 26, 2008

A dove day...

I went to Wal-Mart the other day and passed by the candy isle (dangerous after a bad day). I decided I needed dove chocolate, so I picked up a bag. Of course dove has the little quotes inside of the wrapper. My day was turning into a very stressful one and I ate a chocolate and inside the wrapper it said: In chaos there lies opportunity. How amazing is that? I think it's wonderful that God may even use chocolate wrappers to speak to His children. Here are some of my other favorites that I've gotten: Break the mold, be extraordinary; True love is a bond that lasts forever; Be a good listener to your friends; and Find little ways to make everyday a holiday.

I think that's why I've decided everyday has to be a dove day. I eat at least one, no more than five (hehe) pieces a day and I relish in the moments I get. Not just moments with chocolate, but every moment. You really don't know what you have until you don't have it anymore. For instance, all of those years eating with pastors almost everyday, almost every week? I would love to go eat with a pastor once a month now! I am still okay with being a nobody, but I just want to be a nobody that eats a meal with a pastor and loves that fellowship.

Any way, I guess I really don't much to say. Life is just the same. School, work, practice, sleep. I saved my dove moment until now just for you all: Enjoy your DOVE and let your mind unwind.

So go get your chocolate, celebrate the day, and look for the opportunity even in the midst of chaos.

No comments: