Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm sitting in my room with Christmas lights lining the majority of my room (I have one more strand that I need to buy). It's cold outside (feels like 33) and raining. I'm wondering to myself, "Can I do it? Can I make it?" I know I can. I know I have no other choice. This semester is hard. I'm unsure of so much. But I know my God is faithful.

I'm listening to "Marshmallow World" by Dean Martin. I wish it were marshmallow world. I wish that I could take one day and say even though the world normally plows over me, I'm going to roll it into a snowball and just enjoy life. I have so much due, but I can't seem to get any of it done. It all snowballs and rolls over me. O how I long for that to change. Growing up isn't that fun. I just one day to have a marshmallow world. I want things to be sweet.

I'm not unhappy. I know that God is faithful. I know that God is still working all things out for His glory. But still...I can't help but get in at night and say, "Can I do it? Can I make it?"

The answer I always come up with is yes. It's not easy. Sometimes it's seems too hard. But it's still yes. Even though it's hard, morning always comes. Joy is still there in the hard times, we just have to claim it more. Life is still good, because my life is still God's.

But I still want my sweet, fluffy Marshmallow World...

No comments: