Friday, August 22, 2008

Finally here...finally moved...not at all done!

Well, I'm here! My dorm is basically finished except for minor details that will drive me crazy until I complete them. I spent all day registering; I'm going to meet with my advisor tomorrow and then buy my books.

I'm still a little overwhelmed. I suppose that's normal; at least that's what I'm told. I'm also told that I'll find my grove and things will get easier. And deep down I know it will, but as for now...I am here, and I'm holding up okay.

I guess my youth pastors wife (and dear friend) said it best in card she had handed to me: "Have tons of fun, make lots of memories, make close relationships, and take risks!" The first three aren't too hard, but the fourth one I have problems with. Dennis Sprouse has always said, "How much you risk will equal how much you grow." But there is this thing about taking risks, you don't know what's going to happen! Which is why it is a risk. O well...with God all things are possible...even this!

No comments: