Friday, August 29, 2008

Internet! O joy! O joy!

Good news: I'm on the Internet. Bad news: I still don't have my codes to get on the Internet at school. Which means I also can't get my class information or check my school email. Although, I must admit, the worst part of not having Internet has been not being able to blog. Yes, that is how much of a loser I am. O well...

I am home currently. I will leave for PK Retreat tomorrow and then rush back to school Monday. So far, so good. I have made some good friends at school. Of course there are those who will not like me and that is okay. They are allowed. My classes are fairly good. The professor I have for Church Drama is absolutely outstanding. Another thing to note is the Chapel Services. Unfortunately, I have seen several students grow cold to Chapel as time progresses; but Chapel has been wonderful. Today was particularly good. Dr. Wooton spoke on Hebrews 12:1-2. He asked that we look to Jesus, listen to the cloud of witnesses that surround us, and lay aside every weight and every sin that weigh us down. It was what I needed to hear.

I have learned this week that you truly do get out of something what you put into it. I have heard it my whole life; I have quoted it many times, but I am just now realizing that truly, you will not get out of something what you have not put into it.

I was thinking this week about growing up. The more you grow up are you more likely to say, "Look how much I've grown up!" or "Look how much more I need to grow up!"? I personally believe the latter. I sometimes look back on my life and say, "Wow! Look how far I have come! God, certainly I am spiritually mature and lack nothing in your eyes!" But just as soon as I entertain the thought I hear a soft whisper saying, "Whoa, look how far you have to go! You are perfect in My eyes, as you remain humble, remain open, and seek after Me." I suppose what I'm saying is, I really have nothing to boast over. Unless, I boast as the Apostle Paul did in 2 Corinthians 12. I have many weaknesses that give God the authority to say, "My grace is sufficient." And in that I will boast, because if my being weak insures that He will be strong - I have no problem being considered weak.

No comments: