Friday, January 2, 2009

The need to pack, A mighty mouse, Reina Spektor and A few random thoughts....

I'm sitting in my sister's old room (man, that's weird to say). Why? Because my room is messy and it reminds me that I need to pack. I am not ready for school. And I suppose that it's okay.

I watched a movie tonight - The Tale of Desperaux. Cutest movie ever. I loved it. Favorite quotes: "If you know fairy tales very well, then you know that no hero appears until he is needed."
"She was not really a prisoner because she had hope. And anyone who hopes cannot really be any one's prisoner."
"Sometimes when your heart breaks, it grows back crooked and gnarled. You don't mean for it too, you're just so hurt you don't realize that it's not right."
I love these quotes. They are true. No one becomes a hero until a hero is needed. This is mainly because even if they live as hero the entire time no one notices because they aren't in need of a hero. Hope somehow frees you to a point that no matter where you are, you are free. You know something more is out there and coming. Even if you die in the same chains you are in today, you die in freedom because you knew that there was more. Sometimes, people don't mean to be awful. Often it is because they have been so hurt they don't realize how much they hurt others. They don't always mean to be horrible, it is because their heart has not repaired properly - sometimes at least. Another thing I loved about the movie was the fact that one mighty mouse determined he would do right and held to a code of honor - honesty, courage, and bravery.

I'm listening to "The Call" by Regina Spektor. Talk about amazing lyrics. It makes me think a lot. About my dreams and plans and my memories. Sometimes your dreams - even your visions of past - need to just be louder than your current circumstances. Sometimes you haven't lost your fight, you just have forgotten your passion.

I'm thinking that life is funny. It's a hard balance, you know, life and spirituality. I think that sometimes we make things not spiritual enough and don't recognize the Spirit's hand in a lot. I also think others we over-"spiritualize" everything. Sometimes, I get tired -and I just want to have fun. My goal last semester was to hold on and make it through. This semester, I want to have fun and enjoy what God has blessed me with. O, I will still hold on to God and try to make it through. I will still try my hardest and do my best. But I will enjoy life now. I've just decided that it might be time.

2 comments:

la petite lydia said...

I love "The Call" by Regina Spektor. It details my calling to France so perfectly. I listened to it on the way back to America from Paris in July and was just crying cos I knew this was me. :)
LOVE IT :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed watching the movie with you! and I hope you learn to relax more this semester and have fun - being serious only when you need to.